Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor

By way of deception Karou has taken control of the rebel army.  Now she can lead her people away from a bloody future of revenge... or so she thinks.  But when she finds out that Jael the leader of a bloodthirsty army of Seraphim has found a portal to the human world her plans must change.  Akiva is desperate to get revenge on Jael for killing his brother.  With a common goal he and Kaoru try to unite their once waring armies and create the dream of peaceful world they once imagined.
I enjoyed this book.  I think it is very interesting how she played on the idea of angels and devils as seraphim and chimera.  I also think it was a really good conclusion to the series.  I think the plot was fascinating and I really liked that it was set in another world as well as our own.  The characters were cool but hard to relate to because the story is not close to what our lives are like.  This book contains some adult topics and talks about resurrection, torture and other cruelties.  I would recommend this book to grades five and up.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome book! I really want to read it. Nice SOL

    ReplyDelete