Wednesday, April 15, 2015

April Slice #2

The Last Of Those Who Didn't Exist
I am the last of the people 
Who no one knows exists
Some have escaped 
Or been taken away 
Or worse 
 I am the last of the people 
Who no one knows exist
I may have been hurt 
lots of times 
But here I stand 
still alive
I was the last of the people 
Who no one knows exist
Until one day 
I was dragged away
Desperately trying 
to hold on 
I leapt and I hollered
But they didn't seem bothered 
I was the last of the people 
Who no one cares exist
So now I feel the kiss of death
Gently touch my lips
I am the last of the people
Who no one knows exist
but lying here on the grass
I know I won't be missed

5 comments:

  1. I liked you poem and I am really curios what it is about. Cool Slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Danielle and Jonah. Great poem, and very mysterious. It reminds me of something I would write. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's rather sad, especially that final line, Sophie. The rhythm is so good. Like others, I think the whole poem is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so sad, but it's a really good poem.

    ReplyDelete