Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

In this dystopian novel Lena Haloway lives in a world where love has been declared a dangerous disease and serious crime.  In her society Lena's emotions are her enemy.  The government has declared that everyone must take a procedure when they turn 18 so that they may be cured of love and emotion and the government can assign their life to them.  Lena is in her evaluation with the government so they can decide her life when the people who have escaped Lena's society and remain uncured or the "Invalids" pull a prank.  Lena sees a boy on the balcony watching the whole thing unfold when he does the unthinkable.  Just days away from her cure Lena begins to fall for the boy and struggles to decide between the life she wants and the life her society wants for her.  This book has a great story but I was not impressed with the writing or execution of this story. 

5 comments:

  1. I loved your description of this book. It made me want to read the book. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Haden. I will definitely add this books to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds neat and a little like Divergent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You! It is kind of like Divergent but has a different plot line

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you were honest in the review, Sophie. This book has been liked according to other reviews I've seen, but then sometimes not. I guess it just depends!

    ReplyDelete