Monday, March 30, 2015

Slice #31 of 31 March Challenge

The Creme Brûlée
The waiter comes and asks for our dessert orders.  I see creme brûlée on the menu and realize I haven't tried real French creme brûlée.  We order and the waiter goes back to the kitchen.  The French certainly don't rush cooking.  We've waited a while.  As it gets later more people start to drift in. The man brings out our desserts.  The sugar on top of my creme brûlée is perfectly caramelized and bubbling from the heat of the blow torch.  He sets it down in front of me and hands me a spoon. 
"Merci Beaucoup!" I say smiling ( that means thank you very much)
I take the spoon and cut through the hard sugar crust on top until I find the soft vanilla bean pudding. I get a big glob and take the whole thing  to my mouth.  My taste buds smile as the soft vanilla cream tickles them.  The crunch of the sugar balances the sweetness of the dish.  It is delicious.  

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'm so happy for you (your ion paris!) Happy last slice an Bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked description you included in your slice. Great job!

    ReplyDelete