Friday, March 20, 2015

Slice #20 of 31 March Challenge

The Trouble With Focusing
I am trying to focus but it is not fun.  I am sitting on the floor of living room trying to write my slice of life.  My mom, aunt, and grandma are sitting above me talking about math, and sugar, and a good furniture store.  My cousins are running around wild.  Every bone in my body aches to stand up and run around.  I want to go outside and feel the sunshine on my face and taste the sweet spring air but I can't because I have to focus.  My mom gets up to get a drink and I realize that I am very thirsty but I can't stand up because I have to focus.  The water taunts me from the table and the flowers laugh outside.  My cousins scream and my mom continues to talk.  A pillow falls on my computer and my mom starts messing up my hair with her fingers and the tea kettle starts whistling.  I start to stand up but my brain reminds me that I have to finish.  I hear music start to play and my cousins are dancing.  This is the trouble with focusing.
 

6 comments:

  1. So well put, Sophie! I totally agree. Sometimes I get into a mood where I want to do anything but what I need to do. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes this happens to me too! Great slice of life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling, I like how you end almost every sentence with i have to focus. Nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do that ALL THE TIME where I totally forget what I'm doing and then have to remind myself to focus. Nice Slice Sophie!

    ReplyDelete