Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Slice #5 of 31 March Challenge

The Morning
"BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!"
"Just a minute."  
"COME ON." 
"HURRY!"
"QUICK!"
"YOU'LL MAKE US LATE!"
"GET DOWN HERE!!"
I run down and gulp down an energy bar so fast I almost choke. 
"Where is your sister?"
"How should I know?"
"YOU BETTER NOT MAKE US LATE!" my Mom yells up the stairs.  
I pour cold water down my throat.  Frost covers the ground in an icy blanket.  The door glides openI grab a fleece and zip it.  My breath puffs in the air and my footsteps crunch.  
"TIME TO GO!!!" my sister yells.
I race against my sister to the car but she wins.  Oh well I'm stuck in the middle seat.  Just another school morning. 

 

3 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! Exactly like my morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you, except mostly I sleep in as long as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the dialogue. My parents have to wake me up because my alarm doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete