Saturday, March 21, 2015

Slice #21 of 31 March Challenge

The Flower
On the brown wood table sat a bouquet of beautiful flowers.  All of them stood tall with their colorful blossoms looking towards the sunshine.  I brushed the tops of the petals gently and that's when I saw the flower.  It was tiny compared to the other ones.  The brown of its stem contrasted to the bright green stems that filled the vase.  It was wilted and looked to be shying away from the sun instead of reaching for its rays.  Just a touch of pink remained on the edges of its small plentiful petals.  It was beautiful.  It may not have had the grace of the other flowers but I decided it was my favorite of the bunch.  I took it out of the middle of the bouquet and put it in a vase in the sun in my room and filled it with water.  I kept it there long after all the pink had disappeared from its petals.  

5 comments:

  1. I love how you described the flower's petals! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely sentiment, Sophie. I love how you focus on one special thing, each one seems like a poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a beautiful flower, I love the way you described it. :)

    ReplyDelete