Friday, March 6, 2015

Slice #6 of 31 March Challenge

The Surfboard
I dragged the faded blue surfboard behind me into the waves.  Once I was out deep enough I got on.  I tried to remember everything the instructor said.  I dragged my hands through the water.  I saw a wave.  Paddle paddle paddle.  I grabbed the sides of the board and pushed up.  I stood up.  The board bounced underneath me.  I stretched out my arms and tried to keep my balance.  I rode the wave in for a little while before I fell.  It was exhilarating.  I dragged the board back out to where my dad was.  He tried to catch a wave and stood but then lost his balance and fell back down.  The waves started to get bigger.  I tried to catch one but fell as soon as I stood.  I was bringing my board out when my dad called, 
"Five more minutes!"
I paddled out.  I found a good wave and caught it.  I stood and I rode the wave all the way in to the shore.  It was the perfect way to end the surfing lesson.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie, I found your blog, but the link to the class blog isn't correct, FYI. This sounds so cool! And the picture is heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the part where you talked about riding a wave all the way back to shore! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete