Saturday, March 14, 2015

Slice #14 of 31 March Challenge

The Wait
The house was silent.  Waiting with anticipation.  Fingers drummed on tables and feet tapped on floors.  I stared out the window into the gray sky.  I sat quietly.  I was dying to stand up and run outside to see whether they were there yet.  I zipped my sweatshirt and then unzipped it again.  I tried reading my book but I couldn't seem to concentrate on anything.  After waiting for what seemed like forever I heard a knock on the door.  They're here.  The sky seemed to brighten.  I raced to the door.  The wait was over.  

2 comments:

  1. You say so much without saying much. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you described ho you can't focus on anything. I also like the end. Nice job!

    P.S I love Hank :)

    ReplyDelete