Friday, March 27, 2015

Slice #28 of 31 March Challenge

The Trip
I'm at the airport waiting for a plane.  My grandpa made us come two hours early!  I have an hour and a half to wait but it is all worth it because... I am going to Paris!  It almost doesn't feel real.  I have to keep reminding myself that this is really happening.  I'm so excited I can hardly sit still in my chair. A few times I've had it stop myself from jumping out of my chair and running screaming.  Instead I've decided to channel my energy into something productive - writing my slice.  I can hardly focus on anything.  People talk around me and some babies toddle around talking to themselves in gibberish.  One of them falls and starts to cry.  A TV starts playing behind me.  The weird thing is no one seems as excited as I am.  It's like they go to Paris every day.  No matter.  I'm still excited.  I'm going to Paris!!!  Paris Paris Paris!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I get the same feeling when I am about to go on a vacation. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you, Sophie. Have a marvelous trip, & tell us some of the wonderful things here on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are so so lucky, soph! I hope you have a great time... in PARIS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun on your trip! I hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete