Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Children Of The Realm by W. L. James

Peter, Alexandra, Theroux, and Rudy are not average middle school kids in fact they are far from average.  They are fledgelings, the children of immortal and all powerful Centurion warriors who fight against a dark force called the Horde.  In their hometown of Boulder, Colorado the fledgelings do their best to appear normal but train in secret with their guardians to one day follow in their parents footsteps and become Centurions.  The fledgelings odd friend Ashely who has known them all her life isn't what she seems either.  Right before her fourteenth birthday she finds out about her friends.  She wonders if she were to expose her true identity if her friends would stay with her or turn against her.
I think this book is interesting and I enjoyed it.  I am a little confused on what age this book is intended for because the story seems like something that someone younger could enjoy but there is some harsh language in this book that I feel would only be appropriate for people my age or older.  I think it is a funny story but also has some more intense parts.  Some parts I feel were a little unnecessary  I think anyone in sixth grade who's just looking for something fun funny and a little out of the normal would enjoy this book.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it seems that some books are meant for older students, but I wonder if they know what older students would read them? This sounds like one of those, Sophie. You've described it well.

    ReplyDelete