Monday, May 18, 2015

Rosie Revere Engineer by Andrea Beaty

A few weeks ago rather than reading one long book I read several picture books about people or important events in history.  My favorite was Rosie Revere Engineer by Andrea Beaty.  This book is loosely based on Rosie The Riveter.  I think the message of this book is very cool and I loved the art but I wish there had been a little more information about Rosie The Riveter because it didn't talk as much about the real historical importance as I would have liked.  This is about a young girl named Rosie who dreams of being a great inventor.  When one of her inventions fails Rosie is crushed and hides all her inventions.  This goes on until her grandmother comes to town and shows Rosie that she can't give up on her first try.

No comments:

Post a Comment