Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Slice #22

"I just don't understand why it matters."  I state plainly.
"Your grandmother died!  Of course it matters!!"  My mother screams through her tears. 
"Everyone dies.  I knew she would die soon." I say.
"Carlie, how could you be so insensitive?" Asks my mother.
I roll my eyes and walk away.
"Come on lets talk about this!"  My mother yells at my back.
I know I should feel something.  Believe me I know.  Sad, angry, confused.  Something.  Instead I feel nothing.  I am absolutely blank.  I see how my mother cries but it just doesn't affect me.  What is wrong with me?  

3 comments:

  1. This is super good so far, i'm drawn in, nice SOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to see what happens next, and having it have no title just helps to build up the mystery! This is a really good story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great story! I love the way that you used dialogue to tell the story!

    ReplyDelete