Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Slice #23

I sit up groggily and turn to look at my alarm clock.  8:23 it reads.  I am confused for a second.  My alarm should have gone off by now.  Then I realize that I am going to be late for school.  I kick my blankets off and run into my sister's room.  She is still sleeping there.  Then I run into my mom's room and find her sleeping too.
"Mom get up!  We're running late!"
I pull on her arm.
"Sophie..." she mutters.
"Mom come on!  We are so late!" I yell.
"Sophie it's a snow day."  my mom groans.
"No way!  It wasn't snowing at all last night!" I say.
I run to check the window and, sure enough,  snow is blowing around and landing on an already covered ground.  Wow.
"Thanks mom!" I say and run back to my room.
Another snow day!  Hurray!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! My preents told me at 5:30 am that it was a snow day and that I should turn off my alarms. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete