Sunday, March 6, 2016

Slice #6

The cold, crystal clear water rushes over my toes.  The sunshine warms my back.  I, somewhat reluctantly, jump into the frigid water.  It is shocking at first but not that cold after a while.  I try paddling at first with my head above the water in a hopeless attempt not to get my hair wet but eventually I give up and dunk my head.  I swim towards the other side of the river where all my friends are sitting on rocks.  I pull myself out of the river and sit between my sister and friend.  We sit there and watch the sky turn pink and orange as the sun sets.  It is a perfect end to the day.  

3 comments:

  1. wow! I loved how you described the setting! great slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is an awesome way to describe the scene. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very descriptive splice, nice job!

    ReplyDelete