Friday, March 4, 2016

Slice #5

I fell into a river and hurt my arm, then we hiked six miles down a hill next to a river with like five pound backpacks, we couldn't pitch tents because there were too many rocks, all we had to eat was oatmeal, we weren't allowed to talk, and we got caught in a lightning storm.  Needless to say I did not really enjoy this backpacking trip.  It had gotten pretty late and we were all settled in when they decided that the lightning storm was to dangerous.  Don't get me wrong I am happy not to have been struck by lightning but we had to pack up and hike another six miles uphill at midnight and seven out of twelve girls were crying.  At least we got to sleep back in our cabin.

5 comments:

  1. This does not sound fun! What camp was this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never been backpacking, and it does not sound fun. is it always like this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been backpacking either, but this doe not sound like a good experience. Better luck next time... I guess?

    ReplyDelete